To celebrate National Playday which takes place on Wednesday, 2nd August, Forest Garden has launched a design competition, giving pre-schools around the country the chance to win a brand new playhouse from its 2017 range in time for Playday.
The annual national day of play encourages thousands of children and their families to get out and play at hundreds of community events organised across the UK.
Forest Garden, the UK’s leading manufacturer and distributor of timber sheds, summerhouses, playhouses and garden structures, is giving pre-schools the opportunity to get children enjoying the great outdoors at their own school by winning a playhouse, worth up to £499.99.
“Play is an essential part of every child’s life. Our creative competition supports National Playday and we want to get as many schools on board to promote this fantastic event. Being outside naturally heightens children’s levels of curiosity and engagement and we are delighted to give schools the chance to win a fun playhouse for children to enjoy, we have three to give away,” says Nicola Simpson, head of marketing for Forest Garden.
How to enter:
- Teachers are to work with pre-school children and draw/design a large playhouse on A3 size paper. Examples design ideas: a castle; princess playhouse; a boat playhouse; a treehouse or any other children’s themed playhouses;
- Colour/paint your playhouse design and give it a name. Other art and craft items can also be applied such as glitter, ribbon and stick on shapes – let your creative juices flow;
- Once the picture is finished, you can share photos of your design with us via social media. You can find Forest Garden on Twitter @GardenTimber or on Facebook @ForestGardenGroup;
- Entries can also be sent in the post to: Paskett PR, Friar Gate Studios, Ford Street, Derby DE1 1EE or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum two entries per school;
- Deadline for all entries is 14th July 2017
Forest Garden will judge all the entries and choose THREE winning designs. The three schools will each win a Forest Garden playhouse from the Company’s recently launched range and there are four different designs to choose from, the Basil Multiplay, Sage Tower, Sage and Thyme Kid’s Kabin – all produced by Forest Garden from FSC approved and pressure treated timber.
For more information about the competition please contact Aroonaa Sharrma or Georgina Mackintosh at Paskett Public Relations on 01332 258 335 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.